What are the Responsibilities, Services, Qualification, and Career Paths of a Personal Trainer?
A personal trainer is a person who helps clients to achieve their fitness and wellness goals. They assist their clients in various ways, whatever for the purpose the clients contact with them. A personal trainer becomes responsible for the overall health management of a certain person. It does not mean that a personal trainer is just responsible for weight loss, toning, or strength training only but a lot more. Every client’s mental and fitness level is different from each other, so they should be treated accordingly.
Let’s Clear It with An Example!
For instance, a personal trainer is offering exercise to three people. This exercise will not have the same impact on all of them, due to their different physical conditions. Not even the physical condition but also the mental condition is not the same. It might be a basic exercise for one person and a weight loss program for the second person. Moreover, it will be the advanced training goal for the last one. This is why we said that a personal trainer cannot offer the same exercise to different people.
- 1 Responsibilities of a Trainer
- 2 Moral Responsibilities of a Personal Trainer
- 3 Where The Personal Trainers Can Serve?
- 4 What are the Types of Machinery and Techniques Used by the Personal Trainers?
- 5 What is the Dressing of the Personal Trainer and its Impact?
- 6 What Certification is Needed to Be a Personal Trainer?
- 7 From Where to Get the Degree of a Personal Trainer?
- 8 What are the Career Paths for a Personal Trainer?
- 9 Considering Points Before Getting the Personal Training Services
Responsibilities of a Trainer
The main objective of a personal trainer is to assist the clients to achieve their fitness goals. This is how the clients can live a healthier lifestyle. Here are some of the main responsibilities of a personal trainer listed below:
- To improve the muscular endurance of the clients.
- Strengthen the cardiovascular capabilities of the clients
- Increases the physical flexibility of the clients
- Create a nutrition plan for the client
- Revised the specific workout routine of the clients if needed
- Recommend a food diary for the certain client
- To achieve the goal of losing extra weight
- Assists in the muscle toning
These trainers help the clients to live a healthier lifestyle by making appropriate nutrition plans. These plans are made by keeping in the mind, the mental and physical condition of a person.
Moral Responsibilities of a Personal Trainer
This is a misconception about the job description of a personal trainer, that he or she is responsible for the physical duties. Apart from offering physical workouts and exercise, a trainer is also responsible for the moral values of every client. Along with the physical exercises that the trainers offer they are also responsible for mental health.
A personal trainer is also responsible for the following purposes. Let’s have a look at those moral values of a personal trainer.
- The trainer has to offer to motivate and encourage speeches to the clients.
- A personal trainer has to give useful, accurate feedback to the clients.
- The overall session while training should be effective enough for all the clients.
- The trainer should provide the information to the clients on whys and hows.
- The clients should have the proper knowledge about their health and fitness.
A personal trainer can work for the clients as well as he or she wants to do. It means it all depends on the trainer, how effectively he treats the clients. The trainer should offer the workouts to the clients that impact quickly and give the quickest results.
Where The Personal Trainers Can Serve?
There are a lot of platforms for personal trainers where they can serve the clients. Let’s have a look at some of the fields where personal trainers can work.
- Some of the trainers work in gyms or fitness centers.
- The personal trainers can also work out for the clients in house calls.
- Some of the trainers even travel with the clients.
- There are some large companies where personal trainers can serve their expertise.
- Personal trainers are also serving customized services to the client.
- One of the platforms is to work in an educational institute or a college.
What are the Types of Machinery and Techniques Used by the Personal Trainers?
There are many types of tools and machinery is used by the trainers to offer the clients. These types of machinery are used to let the clients perform any specific workout. Any specific training, special and certain machinery is used. For instance, there is a need to lessen the weight of the clients. For which the weight lifting tools will be used. Similarly, for another purpose, any other specific machinery will be used. Although some tools also assist the clients in achieving their fitness goals.
Following are the types of machinery with which a personal trainer works is listed below:
- Nautilus machines
- Weight lifting machines
- Cardio machines
Some of the floor works are also offered by the trainers that are:
- To guide and teach the clients
What is the Dressing of the Personal Trainer and its Impact?
Whatever dress a personal trainer chooses to wear should be neat and clean. They should keep in mind that they are the models of the clients and have an image. This is because the trainers should be fully dressed up. Not even this, they should be dressed up with neat and clean training wear. It should not be workout wear; it should be professional clothing. The clothing should be neat and clean to wear in the gym.
The shirt will be tucked, a collar and khakis will be a professional look. In the views of the trainers, gym workouts are not just about moving the body. This includes the activities that help a person in having a healthier lifestyle and attitude. A personal also motivates the clients and encourages them to perform more actively.
What Certification is Needed to Be a Personal Trainer?
A person who wants to become a trainer required a special degree to become a personal trainer. He or she should have a two-year associate degree. As an alternative a four years bachelor’s degree in the health and fitness specialization is compatible. In addition to it if you have both the certification and the degree it will be a plus point for you. Because it increases the chances of offering you a management position. No doubt a management position contains maximum benefits as compared to a normal position’s trainers. The educational degree a person selects will depend on the goals and interests of the career path.
From Where to Get the Degree of a Personal Trainer?
Although many institutes are offering the degree of a personal trainer. You should earn this degree from the organizations that we have mentioned below. By getting the certifications from these organizations will be authorized and worthy.
- AFTA (American Fitness Training of Athletics)
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- ACE (American Council on Exercise)
- NSCA (National and Conditioning Association)
If you are certified via a nationally recognized organization you can start working as a personal athletic trainer. This will be an additional experience and characteristic if you will continue the training and education.
What are the Career Paths for a Personal Trainer?
Being a certified personal trainer near me, a person can work in various fields. It also depends on the interest of the trainer in which industry he continues to follow. Some of the workplaces to start a career in the personal training profession are the following. Let’s discuss them one by one!
Work in the Hospitals as a Personal Trainer
As we know people who are admitted to hospitals are suffering from various issues. Such as some of the patients are recovering from the injuries. While some of the patients are fighting against chronic disease. This is why some hospitals employ in-house personal trainers for such patients. In such hospitals, personal trainers can assist the doctors in rehabilitating those patients. The personal trainers can suggest to the patients what to do and what should not do. The dos and don’ts will assist the patients in the quickest recovery.
Start the Personal Training Career as a Self-Employment
Trainers who do not have an issue in the marketing and promotion of themselves can take it as self-employment. This will be a great career option for them, the personal trainer is knowing well about the management as well. It will be difficult in the beginning to start the own business of personal training sessions. But if you are skillful, you can dictate the hours of working and keep all the profits. If there is a need for more staff you can hire more personal trainers to assist you.
Work in the Fitness and Recreational Centers
Most of the fitness centers and recreational centers are offering complimentary fitness trainers to the clients. The clients are supposed to pay for taking these training sessions given by the personal trainers. In such centers the personal trainer is responsible for the following activities:
- He has to create the training plans for the clients
- The trainer has to oversee the workouts performed by the clients
- The personal trainer is responsible to monitor the progress of the multiple clients
Considering Points Before Getting the Personal Training Services
People who want to get personal training sessions or services consider the following factors. A personal trainer makes sure all of the listed points are fulfilled.
- First and foremost, by whom the personal training services are getting, should strictly follow the covid-19 safety policies.
- Make sure the services offered via the tools are neat and clean (In this covid situation they should be properly sanitized)
- A trainer should bring the workout to the client
- A person should meet and cooperate with the clients in all the situations
- The trainer should make the schedules as per the convenience of the clients
- The clients should be motivated by the personal trainer
- The service of personal training should be given to all ages people
- The personal trainers should change the workout plans as per the client’s demand
- If the workout plan is not giving the desired results the trainers should make alterations to it
- The trainer should also create and offer customized plans to the clients
- The trainer is the one who can make the workout plan more effective and enjoying for the clients
Hope you have got the complete information about the personal trainer as we have discussed in detail. As we have mentioned everything about the trainers in this article.