To answer the question, “Are same day implants good for you or not?”, let’s first look at what an implant really is. A dental implant consists of several parts, including a post (or root), which is anchored into the jawbone, and a crown, which attaches to the post. Implants are often used in place of missing teeth or to secure dentures (replacements for lost teeth).
One day implants were developed by Dr Guillermo Diaz Arjona. He began by looking at how to make this process easier on patients who wanted them done more quickly than anyone else thought possible. The procedures used to place the implants are all performed under local anaesthesia. The whole process takes about an hour.
Same Day implants are good for you because of the following :
1. You don’t have to do much to prepare yourself. This means your recovery time is less, and you won’t be in much pain. If you have to be on pain medication, it usually is only for a day or two, which, when compared to weeks, is much easier.
2. These implants are placed on the same day, so there is no waiting for weeks or months to get your teeth back in your mouth. It also means you don’t have to miss work and take time to drive across town to sit in waiting rooms for hours. You won’t have to make any more appointments or spend time away from your daily routine after one-day implants are done. This is, of course, beneficial because of cost and lack of disruption.
3. You won’t have to worry about swelling and pain that you often experience when having implant procedures done. This is because they will be carefully placed by your dentist according to your specific needs. This means less initial discomfort for the patient, which means they are happier after everything is said and done. After all, you would want people to be happy with their results, wouldn’t you?
4. Less anesthesia is used because the surgery time has been shortened, and this makes it easier on the patient. If someone doesn’t need to go under general anaesthesia, then they won’t experience that groggy feeling after surgery and may even go home the same day. This reduces discomfort and means people don’t need to worry about their kids, spouses, or pets at home alone for hours on end.
5. Since you can get them done in one day, your implants will be the same color as your natural teeth and blend right in. This is great because implant procedures that take over a month often mean compromising when it comes to color and size since the surrounding teeth may need to be shaved down.
Disadvantages of Same Day Implants
1. One-day implants are only recommended for people whose jawbone is still healthy. This means you should have healthy gums, no gum disease or decay in your mouth, and not have any bone loss prior to getting the process done. Other than that, there aren’t any major disadvantages of this procedure other than the ones that are associated with all implants.
2. Since you have to go under anaesthesia for the whole process, there is a risk of complications during surgery. This means you can get sick or have bad reactions to the medications if your body doesn’t agree with them, so be sure you discuss these things with your surgeon.
3. If you have a problem getting implants placed in your mouth, you might not be able to get them done at all. Your doctor will let you know if this is the case so that you can make informed decisions and plan accordingly for other options. You just don’t want to make any big decisions without learning all you can about the different possibilities.
In conclusion, are one-day implants good for you? The answer is that it depends. If your doctor believes that this procedure is right for you, then they will likely recommend it to you.
The option is available if you want it and can be done quickly, so the time spent recovering will be less as compared to other options. If you want to know more about this process, then just contact your doctor and ask them for some more information on the subject.
They will be happy to inform you so that if you decide to go through with it, you will be prepared and know what to expect beforehand.